RCD Model School Program
RCD Schools typically see a significant improvement not only in behavior management, but also in school climate, student and teacher satisfaction and ultimately academic success.
The RCD Model School Program Requirements
- A three-year commitment
- Formation of an RCD Leadership team
- Commitment to teacher practice two times a month
- Buy-in from top down
The RCD Model School Plan
- 2 days of initial training
- 1 observation/coaching day in each of 4 semesters
- 1 staff support day each semester for 2 years
- 1/2 day observation and coaching principal
- 1/2 day meet with RCD leadership team
- 1 one-hour follow-up phone call with principal and leadership team each semester
- 2 Train-the-Trainer days after year 2 if RCD has been implemented with fidelity.
The RCD Model School Program Benefits
- Certified RCD trainers on staff
- Improved staff morale
- Increased school pride
- Community recognition
Hear What Model Schools Have to Say
Responsibility-Centered Discipline was created by practicing educators to address real-world situations. Although it was not created in a university research lab, the concepts are based upon sound psychological principals and the implementation data continues to offer solid evidence that the program provides significant improvements in behavior and academic success when implemented with fidelity.